- Total duration of 4 years or 8 semesters (137 credits).
- Strength in Mathematics, Basic Sciences, Fundamentals of Engineering, Medicine and Biomedical Engineering.
- Opportunity of in-depth study in an area of interest with 6 elective courses (18 credits).
- Opportunity of diversification with Uniandes Basic Cycle (24 credits).
- Development of a personalized professional profile with a flexible curriculum in the major and the possibility of completing it with a double major, academic options, internships and exchanges.
A biomedical engineer from Universidad de los Andes possesses the necessary capacities to plan solutions to medical, biological and general health systems problems. He or she is able to integrate knowledge in his or her areas of study, to solve problems in an analytical way, to work in teams and to lead multidisciplinary groups. He or she is also able to participate in the generation and development of knowledge in biomedical engineering with research projects, and to pursue graduate studies in this area.
Working Opportunities in Biomedical Engineering:
- Industry of medical devices and equipment
- Pharmaceutical Laboratories
- Research entities