Our Biomedical Engineering program offers:
- Strength in Basic Sciences, Fundamentals of Engineering, Medicine and Biomedical Engineering.
- Different lines of research in Biomedical Engineering with specialized laboratories: Mathematical and Computational Biology, Biomechanics, Cardiovascular Dynamics, Cellular and Protein Engineering, Biomedical Signals, Biomedical Artificial Vision, Nanobiomaterals and Biomolecular Engineering, Genetics and Genomics of Behavior and Biomedical Instrumentation.
Opportunities to deepen a research area in Biomedical Engineering through 4 elective courses (12 credits).
Opportunities to deepen in an area of general interest through 2 elective courses (6 credits).
Diversification opportunities through General Education courses (21 credits).
Development of a personalized professional profile through a flexible curriculum in your own career and complementing it with double program opportunities, academic options, internships and exchanges.
Development of a Design Project (Capstone Design Project) )in the last two semesters of the program, which replaces the completion of a thesis.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Achieve professional success while providing advancement of their working environment (hospitals, industry, public institutions and academia).
- Create ethical and effective solutions to biomedical engineering problems in a multidisciplinary environment being particularly sensitive to Colombian challenges.
- Pursue graduate studies to contribute to the expansion of biomedical engineering knowledge through research.
Student Outcomes (SOs)
Ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying engineering, science, and math principles.
Ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specific needs with considerations of public health, safety and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental and economic factors.
Ability to communicate effectively with different audiences.
Ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering practice and to make informed judgments in which the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental and social contexts must be considered.
Ability to work effectively in a team whose members provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, set goals, plan activities and achieve objectives.
Ability to appropriately develop and conduct experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
Ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.