In order to formalize the inscription to the Minor in Biomedical Engineering, the student should bring a letter to the Department of Biomedical Engineering expressing his/her interest in the Minor, specifying relevant information about his/her major, semester, student code, credits and PGA (PGA and credits are only for reference as there is no required minimum). The student's Major will receive a written communication with the acceptance decision.
After completing the required courses, the student should bring a letter to the Department of Biomedical Engineering specifying the courses that were taken, the semester and the final grade.
In order to obtain the Minor in Biomedical Engineering, it is necessary to take two mandatory courses and four electives. Three of the electives should be in IBIO and the fourth one can be outside IBIO.
- Anatomy for Biomedical Engineering
- Quantitative Physiology for Biomedical Engineering
Elective courses in IBIO
- Scientific Programming
- Biological Transport Phenomena
- Signal Processing and Biomedical Instrumentation
- Biomedical Image Analysis
- Advanced Elective Courses in IBIO
Elective Courses outside IBIO
- Engineering of Bioprocesses
- Genetic Recombination for Engineers
- Genetic Networks
- Graphic Computation
- Image Processing and Analysis
- Medical Devices
- Medical Signal Processing
- Neural Networks
- Bioinformatics (Biology)
- Systems Biology
- Biophysics of Membranes