Differentiating Factors of the Department of Biomedical Engineering
- More than 45 years of research trajectory for the Biomedical Engineering Group (GIB).
- Multidisciplinary environment constituted by engineers, specialist physicians, biologists, mathematicians, anthropologists, veterinarians, among others.
- Specialized research laboratories on:
- Cardiovascular Dynamics
- Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering
- Specialized teaching laboratories.
- Professors and researchers with doctoral formation in Biomedical Engineering and related areas, and with research experience in each of these subjects:
- Biomechanics and Biomechatronics (Cardiovascular Dynamics, Orthopedics)
- Tissue Engineering
- Mathematical and Computational Biology
- Biomedical Signals and Instrumentation
- Biomedical Images
- Hospital Logistics and management
- Medical Anthropology
- Molecular Biodesign
- Alliances with Domestic Hospitals:
- Hospital Universitario Fundación Santa Fé de Bogotá
- Fundación CardioInfantil – Instituto de Cardiología
- Instituto de Ortopedia Infantil Roosevelt
- Hospital Universitario San Ignacio
- Hospital de Kennedy
- International Alliances:
- Arizona State University (USA)
- Georgia Institute of Technology (USA)
- Illinois Institute of Technology (USA)
- Institut du Cerveau et de la Moelle Epinière (Brain and Spine Institute), Paris
- Institut National des Sciences Appliquées (Lyon, France)
- Mayo Clinic (USA)
- Tulane University (USA)
- University of California, San Diego (USA)
- Université de Technologie de Compiègne (Compiègne, France)
- Université Pierre et Marie Curie (Paris VI)
Differentiating Factors of the School of Engineering
Since its foundation, the School of Engineering has been a leader in Colombia on forming engineers and research. Its programs have always been on the forefront of the country and have therefore been used as guidance by programs of other universities.
The School of Engineering shines by its academic rigor, the quality of its teaching and the continuous exercise of research; it excels by its leadership in the use and development of high technology in engineering, in particular, informatics and communications are present in all its activities.
According to studies contracted by the School of Engineering at Universidad de los Andes:
- 80% of its alumni find a job within 3 months of graduation.
- The variation of salary of an engineer from Uniandes against an engineer from another school. Hiring salary is very similar. After 5 years, engineers graduated from Uniandes have a salary up to 50% higher than their peers from other universities.
- 10% of its alumni create their own business.
Differentiating Factors of the Universidad de los Andes
The main academic factors impacting positively a student at Uniandes are:
- Professors with high academic and human qualities, recognized by their high formation and research performance.
- Promotion of an interdisciplinary formation by flexibility in the curriculum, which allows students to take courses from other academic programs in the University.
- International accreditation of Schools and Programs. MORE INFORMATION
- Strategic agreements, partnerships and networks with academic institutions in Colombia and abroad, allowing academic, cultural and scientific exchanges which promote an integral formation of students, strengthening of faculty, and international positioning of the University.
- High quality research, aimed at producing new knowledge on high interest problems, disseminating it among the international scientific community and, finally, orienting its outcomes towards their application in the national and international context.
An Uniandino student does not only have diverse academic opportunities, but also the possibility of joining, as spectator or actively, several spaces such as:
- More than 30 sports
- Cultural and artistic activities (chorus, theater, exhibits, etc.)
- Student activities (magazines, journals, integration parties, play groups, etc.)
- Events, talks and multidisciplinary courses
- International Exchanges. MORE INFORMATION