Academic Matters



Regular Admissions

All information about regular admissions can be found here.


Internal Transfer

All information about internal transfers can be found here.


External Transfer

All information about external transfers can be found here.


Information for International Students

If you are a foreign citizen and are admitted to Universidad de los Andes, we inform you that according to the Decree 0834 of April 24 2013 and the Resolution 4130 of July 05 2013, issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, you need to be in possession of a Student Visa, or any other type of visa allowing studies, the visa should be presented to the Admissions and Register Office or sent by email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., BEFORE printing your tuition receipt. If you have doubts about the visa process, please contact +571-3394949 Exts. 2216 and 3988, or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

The Admissions and Register Office will send you the admission letter and a list of required documents to complete the visa process. Remember you should start the visa process in advance in order to avoid problems when paying and registering your tuition.



All information about tuitions can be found here.


Financial Aid

We want the best students. All information about financial aid and scholarships can be found here.



Students can go to the Academic Coordination Office in the Department if they wish to discuss vocational, academic or personal matters. If they wish to contact another person in the Department, they can visit their counselor professor.


Homologation of Courses

All information about homologation of courses can be found here.



Our monitor program is aimed at giving our best undergraduate students the opportunity to participate in teaching activities and basic or applied research projects at the Department of Biomedical Engineering. This experience allows students to strengthen their specific formation associated to a course, a research area or problem, and to have a complementary academic formation relationship with a professor. Currently, the Department hires teaching monitors and research monitors. Monitoring contributes to personal and professional growth of the student: being a teaching monitor allows contributing to the formation of peers and future colleagues, while research monitors are exposed to current research problems and practices. We invite students above fourth semester with PGA above 4.25 to contact the Academic Coordination Office in the Department for more information about our monitor program.


All information about graduation can be found here.